Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Problem solving

The last few days we've had two debates in our house.  Luckily, Wm has come up with solutions for both.

(1) During breakfast, he likes to watch YouTube clips.  This started out with sesame street and has digressed.  Patch now likes to watch toy reviews, and lately Wm has been watching "Plants vs. Zombies" just waiting for us to download the game for him (he's on track with his chores to get it this weekend).  But then I listened closely and realized the bad language used by the narrator, so Plants vs. Zombies was banned, causing mass hysteria for two days.  Until Wm suggested he could watch it with the volume off.  Since I don't have any objection to the game (aside from I'm just not a video game person ... but Greg does his Fifa soccer, so we're not about to ban video games) this seemed a simple solution. No more theatrics at breakfast.

(2) I'm having a big debate about upgrading or not for our flight home.  Lay flat seats are great - and business travelers love the privacy pods - but, unfortunately, this means I wouldn't be able to reach Patch to make sure he stays seated and buckled during take off and landing and other times of turbulence.  Hmm...  I've been debating this for months, have had friends on recent trips give me their opinion, etc etc.  Wm's solution last night?  He and Greg upgrade, and Patch, Ian and I stay in the back,  since I need to feed Ian and Patch likes company.  Oh - and since there are only two iPads, he and Patch get them and Greg has to read a book. Sorry Greg, no Fifa soccer for you on the way home.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Andrew says you and Greg should switch halfway through. That way you both get sleep. ;)