Monday, January 28, 2013

One foot in, one foot out

That awkward time of our circular life is starting - I have one foot in, and one foot out.  Neither all the way here, or even one step there.  Trying to enjoy day to day activities in Manila, while keeping anxiety about the move at bay.  You'd think, having done this twice already, I'd be fine.  But, no, it's nerve wracking all the same.

Forms are filled out for our move and our surveys are scheduled.  Last parent-teacher conferences are scheduled (well, Wm's is easy, since his school year ends March 15; that was by design at the beginning of the tour).  House hunt in full swing (thanks, little sis!).  I've started giving things away (maternity clothes! diapers that are too small!) and packing up things I won't need to see until we get to DC (newborn clothes, some toys for the first two boys so that way they'll seem new again in five months).

Even at work I've already been tasked with preparing points for my evaluation and putting together a training plan and contact sheet for my successor - while at the same time writing all of the year end reports that capture my human rights work of the last year.

For an update on things I wanted to accomplish before we leave: (1) Wm can ride a bike and (2) Patch is taking swim lessons and *almost* there.  Hooray for living at Seafront!  Bonus: only the baby is now in diapers (though we still have some night time accidents ... but all the same: HOORAY).

Whale shark and Baguio trip scheduled, Operation Baby Dive complete.  Hoping for one more diving trip once Greg's eyes fully heal (on his Manila bucket list was Lasik - his corneas made PRK (a related procedure) a better option).

I'd love to make it out to the Chinatown cemetery, and maybe to the Bamboo Pipe Organ Festival, but not really sure if I want to schedule something for more weekends or just chill out.  Relaxing weekends are quickly becoming a scarce commodity. 

No comments: