Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Count from 10 to 1

Responding to an email to a friend today, who has recently gone through a similar experience (trans-oceanic move while very pregnant and husband following later), I realized that by August 10 - a mere ten days away - my outlook will likely be peachy keen. By the evening of August 10, I will have:

  • The dreaded plane flight behind me
  • Three days work experience in DC (and hopefully know the easiest way to navigate the faceless corridors of Main State efficiently to find my office and the nearest restroom without getting lost)
  • Confirmed meeting times to explore jobs I'm interested in for the next post
  • Seen that Wm and Patch are still happy to see me at the end of the day*
  • Checked in with my OB, confirmed all OK and start up the normal weekly prego last month check ins
Simple, right? All I have to do is make it through 10 days. Three days of work in Manila, two frantic weekend packing days, one miserable day on the airplane, one day to rest in DC, and then three days of work in DC. Piece of cake!

*Wm and Patch are pretty adaptable and this really is my rational expectation, even if my emotional stress level is piqued to a point right now that I don't fully believe it.

No comments: