Saturday, December 10, 2011

Wm on Work

We had a funny conversation with Wm this morning on our way to a breakfast with Santa.  We were talking about how a new friend was going to come over on Monday, and Wm was very concerned that the new friend's driver knew where our house was.  I explained that everyone at the Embassy knows where Seafront is, so I doubted the driver would get lost, bringing the boy over.  Being a logical kid, Wm then asked if that kid's parents both worked at the Embassy, too, just like me and Greg.

I explained that his father did, but his mom stayed at home to take care of the house and children - that was her work.  After a bit of silence, Wm asked, "You mean, not all parents go to work?"  I said no. He said, "Oh, I thought all adults go to work just like all kids go to school."

Then he wanted to know how many yayas worked at the new friend's house.  I told him one.  He answered, "That's why his mom can't work. One yaya can't watch three kids! If they got another yaya, then his mom could go to work, too, like the other adults."  (his new friend has two older twin sisters)

Then we moved onto more important topics, like what he was going to ask Santa for Christmas (a level crossing for his Thomas set, a parking lot, and a second double decker bus).


No comments: