Sunday, September 20, 2009

Baby coming, too!

William is a pretty talkative and observant kid, and hence usually I take for granted the fact that he generally seems to understand what's going on around him. Sometimes I wonder where he learns things (like telling me the other day we had to watch out for a big cockroach? I don't think I've ever had the occasion to use the word "cockroach" in front of him). Sometimes, it's true, I wish he would learn a little faster not to interrupt an ongoing conversation with what is on his mind.

Yesterday, I was explaining the visiting schedule to Sarwary. With Abby/Nathan, my parents, Greg's parents and sister, and then Beth all visiting over the next four months, I figured Sarwary better know what she's in for! Probably to make sure she understood herself, she turned to William to repeat the visitor list: first mama's friends, then grandma and grandpa, then the othther grandma and grandpa, and then Aunt Beth. William looks at her and immediately said, "And Baby coming, too!"

I've written multiple times about how we keep on talking about the baby coming with William, but how I'm not sure he really understands. I guess the answer is he does understand.

1 comment:

Beth said...

So... does William play going to the hospital to pick up the baby like he goes to the airport to pick up Aunt Beth? ;)