Saturday, May 9, 2009

Things I would rather not see before 7AM on Sunday

1. A girl about 8 years old out sweeping a driveway. I know she's likely the daughter of a servant of the house she was sweeping by her clothing (very well worn) and hair (not combed). It's hard walking Bagwelle at quarter of 7 and being reminded of the conditions some live in - especially children.

2. Lots of little bugs in my flour canister - both mature and larvae. I had hoped to make some fresh banana bread this morning since the bananas I asked Sarwary to purchase 3 days ago are perfect over-ripeness right now. Unfortunately, we'll have to go buy some fresh flour first. I even tried sifting it, but some tiny larvae still got through ... so the whole canister had to be tossed.

Luckily, the import grocery store had a Betty Crocker blueberry muffin mix for sale last week, which I had purchased. So, I could still make blueberry muffins from a mix, even if the banana bread project has been postponed.

No comments: