Saturday, February 1, 2014

Maybe Asia is the Place for Us

Aside from having spent four years while growing up in Japan, there really is no obvious reason why we should gravitate toward that region.  Why not the Western Hemisphere, which boasts the same time zone as the US? Or Europe with many many direct flights? Or Africa, with, well, I'm not sure what, but people who have served there love it so I'm sure I'd find something to love if we spent the majority of our time on that continent.

Greg returned home from the grocery store with frozen finger foods for dinner tomorrow (I think his intention is a picnic in the basement during Super Bowl).  As he listed off the foods he bought, I asked if it was a Lunar new Year theme: xio mai, spring rolls, orange chicken, samosas, satay... He hadn't even realized the exclusively Asian menu!

So, couple that with his love of Siracha, and I guess Asia is where we're meant to be. Follow our stomachs! (And I guess make due with the horrendous flights)

No comments: