Friday, May 11, 2012

Another half-way point

I realized that we're at another half-way point: twenty weeks gestation of baby number 3 (well, it was 20 when I wrote this, but 22 by the time I'm posting it). Funny how quickly a pregnancy passes when one is not paying particular attention to actually being pregnant. I also realized at work today, that I only have just over three months left before I get shipped back to the US on "maternity medevac." The State Department would also have preferred for me to do for Patrick's birth, but I resisted. This time around though, between not wanting to miss my sister's wedding three weeks before the due date, I'll play it conservative and deliver in DC. As it turns out, a maternity medevac is a logistics nightmare, but I won't bore you with those details.

Two funny stories about this baby, sometimes known as Sponge Bob. 1. Background: Greg and I have been debating names. Unintentionally, we've ended up with an English and Irish named boys. Not particularly caring for the Welsh names, we're leaning toward Scottish for this one. A good Scottswoman (now American citizen) at work came up with a list that we've been batting around. Now to the story: Wm came to lunch at work yesterday. My friend asked him where his brother was. Wm says, "well, actually I have two brothers." My friend says, "oh? I thought just one." Wm replies, "Patch is napping at home. Ian is inside my mom's tummy right here!" (poking at my belly). Apparently, Wm approves of "Ian." Greg and I had kind of been leaning that way, too, so we'll see if it sticks over the second half of the pregnancy and after we meet this boy.

2. Patch was sitting in my lap tonight for bedtime stories. After a few pages he turns to me and asks, "Mama, is your tummy full?" I said, "No, Patch, I haven't had dinner yet - I'm hungry." He replies back, "Yes it is! It is full of the baby. I can feel." He wasn't feeling it move - just feeling that he couldn't really sit in my lap and lean his head back against my shoulder anymore since the belly is a bit in the way now. So, half way there, and so far Wm and Patch are still on board. Hoping they'll be as happy with the September outcome.

No comments: