Friday, April 9, 2010

Jet Lag

Jet Lag is a whole new ball game with two kids. Traveling with William, we never thought it was that big a deal as we could alternate in the night who woke up with him. With two kids, though, we've had to take on a "divide and conquer" strategy: Greg sleeps upstairs with William and I sleep downstairs with Patrick. That way, we only wake up when our assigned child wakes up and not each time each child wakes up.

The funny thing about having Shabu and Sarwary around is that I felt compelled to explain the situation to them so they didn't think something funny was going on. After all, they would notice that two beds had been slept in (yes, confession, I do not make my bed on weekdays). I didn't want them to start wondering if Greg and I were fighting!

Five days post-trip, William is almost adjusted. He's now waking up just once/night. Last night, he played with his blocks by himself until Greg decided to go put him in bed.

Patch, though, is still confused - and I'm confused as to why he is confused. He's awake for his normal schedule during the day, but at night he's still waking up every two hours and usually has about an hour to two hours of play time. Plus, now that he's so mobile (bi-directional rolling, clockwise and counter-clockwise spinning), I can't just let him lie awake in bed while I sleep. Hopefully he'll get back to his good sleep schedule soon!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

like Dr. Nauert said, maybe it is time for cereal