Saturday, October 3, 2009

Baby's ready, are we?

Starting this month, I visit my doctor every week, just to check everything is going OK. Just like the US, I find the appointments a little tedious - it takes twice as long to drive to the hospital, wait for my appointment and drive back as the time I actually spend in with the doctor. The doctor just feels my belly, checks the fetal heart rate, asks if we have any questions, and sends us on our way.

And, like last pregnancy, I'm a pretty boring patient (knock on wood!!).

The doctor sort of surprised us today, though, by saying at the end, "Well, perhaps I'll see you before your appointment next week!" She explained that it was in a good position to be born, so she was happy to deliver it soon.

We're not convinced the baby is coming next week - it would be four weeks early - but I suppose we better, at least, pack a bag to take with us just in case!

PS - we're going on a breast cancer walk tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have time to post something non-pregnancy related.

No comments: