Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Single Fatherhood

Does it really count when you have a nanny/maid/cook to do all the annoying stuff for you?  I'm not sure.  But I'll take credit anyway, just because William likes to wake up before I get in the shower.  This leaves me with three choices: 1) take him in the shower with me, 2) put him back in bed and let him scream, and 3) rush through my shower in the 10 minutes between the nanny's arrival and my departure.  Today I chose number 3.  Tomorrow?  Who knows.  

I do know that William had a great time today at Janice's house.  Her dog, Abi, stayed at our house for the first two weeks (while Janice and I were both traveling to Delhi), and William apparently developed quite an attachment.  He was excited from the moment I said "Abi" through the whole time over there, until we left.  Then he kept saying her name the whole way home.  So I guess we need to see Abi more often.  Bagwelle had fun, too.  I think she misses all the other dogs she used to see at the park.  Oh, I had a good time, too, but it was much less of a momentous occasion for me than for the furball and the ankle-biter.  

At work, I am now the Entry Level Officer in charge of mosquito nets.  This is why they pay us the big bucks.  

1 comment:

kaivalyam said...

Impressive, enjoying Pam n your accounts a lot!
By the way do you speak to Sarwari in Telugu?
And quick: whats Mosquito Net in Telugu :)