Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My Culture is Will

Greg took the plunge to work on the "culture" worksheet for Wm's homework this week.  The results follow:

"What do you like to eat with your family"
We lik to eat Filupeeno food and Umerikin food
(Translation: We like to eat Philippine food and American food)

"What languages do you and your family speak?"
We speak inlish and tgalug
(Translation: We speak English and Tagalog)

"What holidays do you celebrate with your family?"
We celebrate umeerukin.
(Translation: We celebrate American)

"What do you like to do with your family?"
Wm did not want to answer this, so he wrote:
I dot no wut we do on the weekens.
(Translation: I don't know what we do on the weekends)

Conclusion
My Culture Is: __________
His answer?  Will.

Pretty good, actually. His culture will always be what he wants to make it, so saying his culture is himself is fairly insightful.  For the record, Greg and I do not eat Philippine food here nor do we speak Tagalog... so obviously a lot of adobo and sweet spaghetti with hotdogs being served when we're not home.  No complaints, but always interesting to indirectly hear what happens when I'm not around and neither Lea nor Wm are feeding me the answer they think I am expecting!

No comments: