Monday, October 14, 2013

Columbus Day

I wish I had three kids in grade school.  If I did, then I would have that elusive day - kids out of the house and occupied, and about six hours to efficiently run errands and do chores without distraction.  Wm will be off in about 45 minutes, so I guess that's a start.

Greg will go to the school's open house, while I take Patch to augment his cold-weather-clothing wardrobe received from my cousin (thank you!!).  This will be a bit tricky, because Patch is between a size 4 and 5, so we'll have to try on clothes.  With Ian in tow.  I may have to resort to bribing him with frozen yogurt.

Then this afternoon I really hope to finish the living room valence project.  Delay #1 was because I decided they were too long and needed to be re-hemed (this involved finding the sewing machine, busting it out, remembering how to thread a bobbin, hand sewing the edges, doing some research how to tack a box pleat, and then tacking the box pleat).  Finally that was finished.

I tried to hang them yesterday, but forgot to charge the electric screwdriver (I promise I will return it, Andrew -- just waiting for this one last project to be complete!).  So, I screwed in the L brackets on the mounting board by hand (not too hard).  And the screw driver still wasn't charged.  Greg tried to screw in by hand into our cement walls - and succeeded - only to find that (despite measuring twice) - the L brackets were off by about 1/16 of an inch. UGH.  Should have measured three times, obviously.

This realization occurred simultaneously with Wm having a major meltdown from being frustrated by his new math iPad game (he got to a level where he didn't know the answers).  Half a tube of tooth pasted squeezed out on to our bathroom later (long story), it was then time to go to catch up with our friends from India.

Thankfully, the tantrum subsided and the rest of the evening was fine, but the valances were not hung.  Hopefully today will see more success,

No comments: