Friday, December 14, 2012

Before we leave


I have a feeling I'll be saying this phrase "before we leave" a lot over the next 4.5 months.  It's inevitable to leave a place with things undone -- I lived in DC for eight years and never made it to the top of the Washington Monument or to observe a session of the Supreme Court, two things I said I really wanted to do when I first moved there. 

Today, I decided that before we leave Manila, I'd really like if Wm can learn to ride a bike without training wheels and Patch to swim without floaties.  Seafront boasts one long, relatively traffic-free road perfect for learning to ride a bike.  The swimming pool is feet from our door.  No way we'll have either of those back in DC!  

I also wish that before we leave, we only have one child in diapers.  I fear, though, there are quite a few loads of midnight laundry between now and then... 

No comments: