Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Something is starting to click

We've been in the US for about three weeks now, and Patch has been hearing exclusively English for this whole time. After a weekend away, I was playing with him yesterday and today with more attention. I did enjoy the first kid-free weekend in 3.5 years, but I also missed both boys! I'm pretty sure that his language comprehension has drastically increased of late. I'll never know if it's because he's just one month older than when we left HYD, or if it's because of lack of language mixing, but either way, it's exciting to see him learn.

He can now follow simple directions ("put the blocks in the bag") and also gesture for exactly what he wants (water out of my cup, for instance, and not milk in his sippy cup).

He's also started nodding yes when asked a simple question. I find this highly amusing because William started bobbing his head side to side after a mere two weeks in India. It's taken Patrick (at just about the same age) just about the same amount of time to copy a nod. No head bobbling for the Indian-born one, unless his big brother rubs off on him.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

One month no comments. What's happening?