Friday, December 24, 2010

William's thoughts on moving

To continue the previous thread ... two recent conversations with William on moving:

(1)
Me: "William, we need to pick out which toys will go on the airplane and which ones will go on the boat to Manila."
William: "I only need one box. The other children coming to this house will need some toys so I will leave them here. I just need my dump truck and other trucks and trains and men." (meaning, little Duplo people he makes ride in various vehicles)
Me: "What about Patrick?"
William (pause, thinks, then says): "OK, two boxes only then."

(2)
We had some good friends over a few days ago to say good bye as they were leaving before Christmas and wouldn't be back in HYD until Jan 3. At some point in the evening, Wm went upstairs ... and it got to be pretty quiet, which as all parents of three year olds know can be a sign of trouble! Our friends left, and we went upstairs to see what was going on. We saw one of our 5x7 carpets from the TV room rolled up and lying near the stairs.

Greg: "William, what's this carpet doing?"
Wm: "I rolled it, Dada."
Greg: "Yes, I see that. Why?"
Wm: "I want to take it to Manila so I have to roll it so the packer guys can take it."

The next day, we were home for the BIG SORT (ie, purging and rearranging). Wm asked help with rolling up almost all of the carpets, which are now piled up right near the door so the packer guys will see them.

1 comment:

jeremy said...

thank you, william, for leaving some toys for me. :-)