Monday, July 12, 2010

We've come a long way, baby.

Tonight, I was distinctly reminded of one of my first posts.

Regular readers will be reminded of a time about a year ago, when I was all excited to make banana bread, only to be totally grossed out by bugs in my flour. I ended up throwing away the entire canister of flour (and skipping the banana bread baking).

Some friends wrote and recommended keeping flour in the freezer, which has prevented a repeat. I actually now keep all kinds of the various flours Sarwari uses in the freezer for this reason (wheat flour, chick pea flour and corn flour, in addition to white flour).

Tonight, Greg dumped a bag of pasta into the pot of boiling water and called me over - black things were floating on top of the water. After some inspection, we decided they were bugs. But, this time, we continued boiling the pasta, skimming off the now dead bugs, and then thoroughly rinsed the pasta. Added sauce. Ate dinner.

And laughed about how much our attitude has changed in a year.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Pasta con carne!