Thursday, November 19, 2009

What am I doing these days?

No posts on the blog, so you must think I'm really busy. Busy is relative. Patrick is doing well on the sleeping front - if I wake him up to feed him before we go to sleep around 9:30 or 10, then he'll usually wake up twice between then and 6AM. Usually, in this instance, means that's what he's been doing for the last week. And, he's only three weeks old, so all is subject to change!

During the day, I might cook with Sarwary (we've made some spinach soup and tried falafel from scratch which means from dried chickpeas and beans), I might go for coffee (I've expanded my knowledge of HYD coffee shops!), or I might just read -- all activities interspersed with feeding Patrick. I pick up William from school, eat lunch, and take a nap with Patrick and William (thankfully their afternoon naps are currently concurrent!). We all wake up and play for a bit (my mom playing with William, me feeding Patrick - notice any trends here?), then Greg comes home from work and we eat dinner. Another hour of play time, then William goes to bed ... then an hour of adult conversation, some reading, and we go to bed!

In short, not much different happens day to day, and the rhythm depends on how Patrick feeds and sleeps. William is generally in a good mood and "plays" well with Patrick about 90% of the time -- about the best we can ask for! Hopefully soon I'll have some deep thoughts to share, but for now you'll have to see if Greg can come up with any cultural insights or pithy posts for your enjoyment.

No comments: