Saturday, June 27, 2009

Floyd update


This morning we (me, Greg, William, Sarwary) all went for a well-baby sonogram check. Floyd is doing great! Brain, heart, kidneys, arms, legs, fingers, toes, spine were all visible. I thought they would give us a picture to take home at the end, but some how that didn't happen :( Since everything is normal (and thus boring, from a medical perspective, which is always good), I don't have much else to report except:


  1. William pointed at the picture and said "MY BABY!" Well, maybe not exactly ... but I suppose it's a good thing if he already likes the baby.

  2. At the end, Floyd put its two hands together in front of its face and the doctor said, "Look, its telling you 'Namaste!' " That definitely ranks up there in the cultural pregnancy experience.

  3. Greg and I weren't looking, but apparently Sarwary was ... she's convinced it is a boy, but of course the doctor won't say and we can't ask. We'll see if she's right in four months.

4 comments:

Elaine said...

What fun. I love "Namaste"

Annie said...

What does "Namaste" mean?

Elaine said...

Welcome. How are you? Aloha.

Annie said...

I was just re-reading. I wonder if Saraway thinks it's a boy because she HOPES it's a boy? Given the preference for boys she clearly has.
Now, revealing my bias, it would be great if it was a girl b/c every woman loves having a daughter. (sorry Greg.:-))
Just have a nice healthy baby, Pam!