Saturday, April 18, 2009

First step in the end of diapers?

It may actually be possible to have only one child in diapers at a time. I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but William successfully went PooP in the potty this evening. We were cleaning up dinner and he said, "Mama, poo poo." So, given that he'd been sitting on his potty for some time now with no success, I said we should go sit on the potty. I took his diaper off and sat with him a bit, but then he said, "Mama, outside." So, what else was I to do? I went outside the bathroom to the living room.

A little bit later, I went in to see what was up, and he was still sitting on the potty ... but when he stood up, well, you know what was there. I've been reading about different potty training "methods" since the last post on this issue, but perhaps a "system" won't be necessary, and William will gradually get the hang of it. That would be so easy for us!

Of course, come November, there will be enough diapers to think about all over again!

No comments: